Happy Tuesday Y’all. Just two weeks left until Christmas Eve. If you are looking for some last minute gift ideas, here’s a couple of lists for wonderfully unique gifts that give back.
Speaking of unique; Sidewalk Prophets album “Merry Christmas to You” is one of my favorites, if not my all time favorite Christmas album. Today, I am sharing one of their signature tracks from that album. “Hey Moon,” is a song sang from the persona of that famous star that guided the world to the baby in the manger. Brilliantly written, the lyrics to this song are worth listening to over and over. (These guys are also doing livestream Christmas concerts for free-although they are taking donations. Shows start tomorrow night. Click here for more info.)
1I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals…
…17For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can withstand it?” (Revelation 6:1-17)
Chapter 6 describes the opening of the first six seals. With each seal comes a different event.
- A conqueror riding a white horse, with a bow and crown, bent on conquest.
- A fiery red horse, whose rider is given power to take peace from the earth and make people kill each other.
- A black horse, this rider holds a pair of scales. The values listed “two pound of wheat for a day’s wage” are symbolic of inflation: a whole day’s wages for just enough supplies to get by. And the command to not damage the oil and wine. Oil and wine are signs of luxury. So, just like we see in America today, the poor will struggle to get by but the wealthy will continue to thrive and not be affected.
- The pale horse, being ridden by Death, and given power to kill a quarter of humanity by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.
- The souls of all those who lost their life for the name of God and Jesus, crying out for Jesus to call them home.
- The first earthquake. The sun turning “black like sackcloth” and stars falling from the sky to the earth. Every mountain and island crumbling into the earth.
One seal left, and as you will read today, the first six seals ain’t got nothing on number 7.
Reading plan: Revelation 8
Deeper reading plan: Zechariah 4
Prayer and meditation: This month we pray that the world comes together to celebrate the birth of Jesus. We pray that the miracle of the child in the manger changes this world forever, as it should have nearly 2000 years ago. This week we will also add a prayer for everyone’s financial wellbeing and peace that the pressures of the Christmas holiday do not overburden anyone’s soul.
Fitness challenge: Day 99-99 reps.
- Hand-release Push-up
- Jumping squat
- Leg lift
Run: Tuesday is our interval running: Run four miles, jogging for two-minutes, “sprinting” for 60 seconds.