1Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. 3Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering…
…8Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. (Hebrews 13:1-8)
Our verses for our devotion come from today’s readings, eight powerful reminders of how we need to live as Christians. Eight powerful reminders of how we are struggling to do this as Americans. Do this everyday and you will continue to grow in your discipleship in Christ:
- Love one another as a brother and sister.
- Show hospitality to strangers.
- Remember those in prison and suffer as if it were you. (this was written in context to those imprisoned for their faith)
- Honor your marriage and keep your marriage bed pure (adultery is bad)
- Avoid sexual immorality.
- KEEP YOUR LIFE FREE FROM THE LOVE OF MONEY.
- Remember your leaders, pray for them, support them and know they were placed in power for a reason.
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
In our swipe right “hook-up” culture; our constant desire for bigger, shinier, more, more, more, we are missing the mark as living proper Christian lives. Let’s get right and live right.
Reading plan: Hebrews 13
Deeper reading plan: Daniel 9, 10
Prayer and meditation: Pray for this lost world and pray we experience a final revival to lead us into a time of true prosperity.
Fitness challenge: Day 29-29 reps.
- Hand-release Push-up
- Jumping squat
- Leg lift
Run: The ½ mile was my event in track, so I love this workout!
½ mile warm-up
½ mile cool-down